Time: 2-3 hours
- 1 Peking duck carcass
- 2 inches Ginger
- Remove any burnt pieces from the duck carcass (which has been thoroughly stripped of its delicious meat).
- Smash the bones with the blunt side of a cleaver to release the marrow.
- Place in cold water and bring to a boil with sliced ginger
- Simmer for a few minutes, skimming off scum and excess oil as able.
- Bring to a bare simmer, cover, and cook for 1.5 - 2 hours, skimming occasionally.
- Salt to taste and serve.
The boiling time is really just a recommendation; it gets better as long as long as you let it go.